Sunday 3 May 2015

Masinagudi Photos


     MASINAGUDI PHOTOS


When my daughter planned the holiday for us in the summer of 2013 to Masinagudi I was not very keen. I was thinking of other places on my list. I have heard about Masinagudi many times. In the early seventies father worked for HPF, Ootacamund and the family had been to Masinagudi couple of times. Somehow I missed those visits as I was in college in Chennai. Hence I thought it would not be bad idea to visit the place which I missed in the seventies.

We looked at the various options for our stay and finally zeroed on "The Wild at Northern Hay".We drove down from Chennai and after spending a day at Bangalore drove to Masinagudi through Mysore and Gundulpet. We then had to drive down to Singara post about 6 kms from Masinagudi. We had to leave our car at Singara Post as the road from Singara post to "The Wild" was through coffee plantations and not suited for cars. We were picked up in a jeep and drove through coffee plantations -  roads only fit for a jeep . At one point we had to cross a stream with running water.  I was amazed at the place and the surroundings. Well done up and good food. We were glad that we stayed at the "Wild".    

On the second day of our stay we reluctantly agreed for a trip through the games sanctuary in the jeep. We were promised some wild life. We were also told that we might see a tiger. All my earlier ventures like these have resulted in nothing. I was therefore not very enthusiastic. After nearly 45 minutes of drive all we could see was an elephant with a calf , some spotted deer and a few sambhars.
 
When we were approaching an open space suddenly I heard my wife's whisper "Tiger". When I looked in the direction I was stunned to see a full grown tiger majestically walking in our direction . Just then our grand daughter started speaking and hearing her voice the Tiger froze. It then suddenly took a turn to the right and started sprinting. My daughter was able to take a quick shot with her camera at that moment.

I am attaching a few pictures (including the tiger sighting) with this post. It was one of the most memorable holidays in my life.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment